My Life

Friday, July 24, 2009

Sam stuck in the tree.

I took the kids to McDonald's tonight with a friend and her kids. Sam kept asking to go on the play tree, which is completely enclosed and difficult for an average adult to get into, with everyone else. My friend let him out and convinced her daughter, Jena, to help him up the tree stairs. Sam got to the top where he only had two steps left and got really scared so he stopped. And said " the exhaustion is killing me" Then he wouldn't go up or down. He was stuck up there a good 15 minutes. I had to get Jena and her friend to work together to help him down the stairs. The did a really good job too. But it did take a lot of team work on their part to get him out. He was so sad and crying when he finally got out but was very happy to see me when he got to me. And he clung to me for a while after that. It's times like these I feel sorry for Sam because he just want to be a kid like everyone else and have fun but it is a huge physical challenge.
Knowing Sam though, I bet he will still want to go up the next play place we go to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home